Akwesasne – CKON has received calls from radio bingo players asking for clarification on the distribution of 50/50 radio bingo funds. CKON is happy to explain how the 50/50 funds are distributed.
The 50/50 cards are sold for $2.00 per half-sheet. The funds generated from the sales of the 50/50 cards are used to first pay the winner of the 50/50 bingo game one-half of what is generated. The remaining half is paid out to the 50/50 recipient for the week. The payout to the 50/50 recipient is $750. Funds remaining after the bingo winner and the recipient is paid goes into the community fund and is used towards requests for donations. These donations include but are not limited to:
· The Akwesasne Pow Wow
· The Akwesasne Winter Carnival
· Christmas Enchantment (Tsi Sniahne and Kawenoke)
· The Akwesasne Boys and Girls Club
· Akwesasne Holiday Helpers
· Hogansburg-Akwesasne Fire Departments (1,2 and 3)
· The Akwesasne Mohawk Ambulance Service
· The Three District Recreation Centers
· Fire Victims (total home loss)
· Trunk or Treat
· Local dance Clubs
· Kayaking/Boat Clubs
· Donations to trivia fundraising events
· Donations to community fundraising events such as benefit luncheons
CKON receives many requests for donations on a weekly basis. The amount of the donation depends on funds in the community fund. The 50/50 funds are never used for CKON operational costs. These funds are strictly for the community. 50/50 funds do not remain in the fund for long as a quick turn-around takes place to move the funds right back out into the community. This account is audited every year when the CKON annual audit takes place.
To eliminate confusion regarding the 50-50 bingo game, CKON is renaming the 50-50 game to the Community Fund Bingo effective January 1, 2019.
Should anybody have any questions regarding the CKON Radio Bingo they may contact Diane McDonald, CKON General Manager at 518-358-3426 or 613-575-2101.